People often find that they are tired, depressed or are having a hard time being motivated to do anything but they don’t know why. If you can learn to start meditating each morning, you can see how this can change your life.
Meditation is very powerful but there are many people that have a hard time believing that it can bring changes. You might feel like you are not able to do morning meditation because it takes too long, or it is too hard to deal with. You might have even told yourself that you aren’t good at it, and you can’t keep your thoughts out of your head to be able to even meditate.
If you have felt any of this, you need to learn how beneficial morning meditation is. You will see that it can be easily added to your life, and it can make a positive difference.
Increasing Your Energy Using Meditation
Energy is important in your life and if you want to increase your flow of energy or what they call your prana, you can do this with meditation. Energy will help to increase your wellness in your mind, body, and soul. When you align these things, you will see that it can make you overall healthy.
The thoughts that you have can decide how much energy that you use in your life. It can be positive or negative and since positive thoughts attract energy, this can be what comes to you, if you learn to bring the positivity in.
Of course, many of us will find that there are both positive and negative thoughts and emotions that come into our lives. The negative thoughts and emotions that come though can cause your energy to have blockages.
Even studies have shown that using cognitive behavioral therapy and being more mindful when you have negative feelings can help to reduce feelings of aggression and anger. Meditation can help you to learn how to deal with your energy in a positive way.
Challenges of Morning Meditation
Here are some of the challenges that people face when trying to start a meditation routine:
- Not having time: You don’t have to do long meditation and you can start small, even five minutes a day will help.
- Unable to sit still: Some people hate sitting still. Those that hate this can even do walking meditation where you walk and deep breathe while you meditate.
- Brain chatter: It can be frustrating to have brain chatter and racing thoughts when you are trying to meditate. You can shift your mind to positive things by practicing meditation and you will get better at it.
Using Guided Meditation
Some people choose different kinds of meditation and guided meditation might be something helpful if you aren’t used to meditating on your own. Here are some things it can do:
- Bring Focus
Meditation allows you to get rid of clutter in your mind. It can help you to let go of things such as hurt and to fill your space with things that are more positive. You can focus on what your intentions are instead of focusing on the problems that you have had.
- Reduce Depression
There are many people that are sad and depressed, and meditation can help to decrease these feelings of negativity. As you meditate each day, you will see that you can reach your higher self and you can allow your thoughts to be peaceful.
- Lower Heart Rate and Lower Blood Pressure
Meditation has health benefits for your body as well. It has been proven that meditation can lower your heart rate and lower your blood pressure. When you are stressed, your nervous system becomes stressed, and this can cause an increase in the heart rate and blood pressure.
Using guided meditation can help you to increase your visualization skills. This can help you to be able to be positive on what the future holds for you. Visualizing your future can leave you feeling positive and make you feel better about your life.
Meditating can help you to sleep better. It can help you to relax and help you to feel calm and collected in your body. When you wake up from your sleep, meditation can help you to learn how to fall back asleep faster.
The more you practice the more recharged you can feel. This can help you to have more energy that flows throughout your body.
Peace and Happiness
Being mindful helps you to have peace and happiness. This can help you to get rid of clutter in your mind and help you to be able to live in the now instead of focusing on your past. That is why mindful meditation is so important.
Even if you are not a religious person, when you meditate, you can connect with your spiritual self. Guided meditation can help you to be grounded and strong.
Guided Morning Meditations
Now that you know the benefits of morning meditation, here are some that you can try:
- Sun Salutation
This kind of meditation focuses on yoga poses. This allows you to move while you meditate. Here is how:
- Deep breathe and put your arms over your head. Exhale and then bend at the knees.
- On the next inhale, put your hands on your thighs and straighten your back.
- Put your hands on the mat and put your feet into the plank pose. Bend your knees and let your triceps touch your rib cage.
- Inhale and keep your hands on the ground and lift your head, chest, and neck off the mat. Exhale and go back down.
- Inhale and walk the feet back to the mat and roll the body up, letting the head come up last.
If you have never done yoga practice doing this with a trained instructor until you get good at it. This can help you to do it correctly.
Walking meditation is one thing that you can do. Try to walk outside and this can boost your energy and help you to be more positive. Here is how to do it:
- Inhale slowly through the nose and then exhale.
- Keep pace while you are focusing on the movement of your body and your breathing.
Try to go to a place where there aren’t a lot of people so that you can relax and be comfortable. When you are finished, notice how you feel.
- Shower Meditation
If you are someone that showers before you go to work or start your day, you can use meditation while you shower. You need to get rid of any distractions and you can do this by playing soft music while you shower.
Focus on how the water feels on your body. Image the stress and worry leaving your body. Here is how to do it:
- Pay attention to your senses. This can help you to be grounded and to get rid of stress. Notice things around you like the temperature and how the air smells.
- Smell the different things in your shower that you use such as your soap or your shampoo.
- If you get distracted, go back to concentrating on your senses again.
Shower meditation is a way that you can get your meditation done without using any extra time.
- Breathing Meditation
Deep breathing is one way that you can meditate and increase your energy. Here’s how:
- Deep breath by inhaling through your nose and then exhale.
- Inhale as your stomach expands and exhale.
- Allow this to happen in three cycles.
If you feel any dizziness or anything negative, don’t do this anymore and try a different kind of meditation.
- Mantra Meditation
Positive mantras are great to use when you are meditating. You can start by chanting things like, “om” while you exhale. Do this as long as you can.
How to Start Meditating
If you aren’t used to meditating, it can be hard to get started. The thing is though, you only need to start with 5 minutes. After you do this, you can start building this up and increasing your time.
Set your intentions before you ever start meditating. This can help you to increase your meditating practice. The best time to start your morning meditation is before you start your day. Here are some tips:
- Find a room free of noise and distraction.
- Use essential oils to make the room smell good.
- Do it at a set time each day.
- Be comfortable.
- Set a timer to start.
- Start with deep breathing.
- Focus your mind on your breathing.
- Meditating will bring different thoughts and feelings to your body and mind and if you get distracted then go back to focusing until you get good at it.
Meditating daily is important for your mind, body, and soul. It has many positive benefits, and it can help to bring positive energies inside of your life. Meditating have many benefits that you will see as you do it each day.
If you are brand new and you want to start, try guided meditation and if you miss a day, keep going until you make it a part of your daily routine.